Sunday, February 22, 2009

Egypt Day three

   I am now sitting in the Egypt airport waiting for our flight to Tel Aviv.  You wouldn't believe how strict they were at the airport.  They went through every piece of luggage.  We basically had to repack everything.  I think Israel is very picky about anyone coming into the region.  We are excited to be in Jerusalem and to see Kara and the BYU Jerusalem center.  We are incredibly tired and are excited that there won't be any tours tomorrow.

  Today was spent visiting the Cairo Museum.  The best part of this museum was seeing the king Tut exhibit.  You couldn't take any pictures in the museum, so I don't have any to show.  Everything with the tut exhibit was pretty much solid gold or gold leafed.  It is a priceless exhibit.  What an honor it was to see it.

   We were also able to go to the Mohammed Alli Mosque.  This is a famous Muslin Mosque in Cairo.  It was interesting to learn more of the Muslin faith and culture.  The above picture is Reed and I in front of the Mosque.

4 comments:

LindaSeagle said...

My lap top is finally up and running. It has been so much fun looking at your great pictures of your travels. I am so excited for you and look forward to seeing more. You are having amazing experiencees and you take beautiful pictures...

Kerri said...

I'm so jealous!! Egypt looks like a blast. I was never able to go, what a bummer! The pictures are great! You're going to have such a blast in Israel. Hopefully you have good tour guides. Can't wait to see more pictures. Love ya, Bob.

Patti Spilsbury said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I am so happy that you are able to update your blog along the way, I can't wait to follow your trip!

justjen said...

I love that picture of you guys! It is beautiful! I am so jealous of your adventures! It sounds like such an incredible trip and a once in a life time opportunity. I am so glad you got to go! Cant wait to hear more when you get home! Love and miss ya!