Saturday, February 21, 2009

Egypt Day Two

Today is our second day in Egypt.  We spent the day in Cairo and the surrounding area.  We were able to see the amazing Pyramids of Giza.  This is something that I have always wanted to see.  It is a wonderful work of architecture,  even today no one seems to know how they did.  It is very inspiring.  I guess in the past you could climb the pyramid, but they won't let you any more.  I was so excited to climb.
It isn't that big!  I'm holding it in my hand!
Here we are in front of the sphinx.  We were so excited because we had an amazing tour guide today.  I didn't feel I was having chinese water torture.  His name Ashraf, I didn't get a shot of him.  He is guiding us tomorrow and I will put a shot of him.  First of all we could understand him and he taught us things that were interesting.  What a fun day!
Here we are on our camel ride.  I have to admit that I was a little scared.  You are really high up.  Today was a day of firsts.  I have never ridden a camel and I had never seen the famous pyramids.  
  We are still adjusting to the time difference.  We came home from our fun day totally tired and we ended up taking a four hour nap.  It is now 1:00a.m. and I am posting on my blog.  Hopefully I will be tired soon.

2 comments:

GREENLAW said...

wow, shelley!! what awesome pics.. how fun to see them while you're still there!!!

i saw kylie on wednesday night and she wasn't too sad. :)

Kara said...

that is such an awesome camel picture. wow!